Structural Materials 2021
are inviting you to
13th International Scientific Conference
Structural Materials 2021
Bratislava, October 26, 2021
The Conference SM-2021 follows up on previous biennial conferences organized by Slovak Metal Science Society, which took place from 1997 in Bratislava, Košice, Trnava and Žilina. The main goal is the exchange of the latest knowledge, especially in the field of structural engineering materials. The conference also aims to create conditions for deepening existing and establishing new personal and professional contacts. The conference is focused on the following areas:
- structural materials (steels, cast irons, non-ferrous metal alloys, ceramics, polymers, composites, powder metallurgy) - structure, properties, applications;
- modification of metallic material properties (thermal and thermochemical treatment, surface treatment, coating, etc.);
- structural analysis, mechanical and physical properties;
- production, recycling, sustainability, industrial applications, etc.
9:00 - 9:15 Introduction
9:15 - 10:45 Keynote Lectures
10:45 - 11:00 Poster Session & Tea / Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30 Oral Lectures
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch Break & Lab Tour
14:00 - 15:30 Oral Lectures
15:30 - 16:00 Panel Discussions & Poster Session
16:00 - 16:15 Closing Remarks
Author notification letters will be sent by e-mail to the individual who submitted the abstract. Keynote Lectures are scheduled for 30 minutes per talk: 25 minutes for speaking and 5 minutes for discussion. Oral Lectures are scheduled for 20 minutes per talk: 15 minutes for speaking and 5 minutes for discussion. The keynote speakers will answer the questions of the conference participants also during the final Panel Discussions. Posters should be prepared in the form of A0 in portrait layout.
Slovak Metal Science Society (SMSS)
Society for New Materials and Technology (SNMT)
Institute of Materials and Machine Mechanics of Slovak Academy of Sciences (IMSAS)
Dúbravská cesta 9/6319, 845 13 Bratislava, Slovakia
(Pavilion of Material Sciences in the Slovak Academy of Science Campus in Bratislava - Patrónka)
GPS - DD: 48.170532, 17.068432; DMS: N 48° 10' 13.916'', E 17° 4' 6.355''
- Members of SMSS and SNMT 40 Eur
- Other participants 60 Eur
- PhD Students 20 Eur
The registration fee includes organizational costs, on-line publication of contributions and refreshments during Tea/Coffee Breaks.
Date: October 26, 2021
The participation fee must be paid by 30 September 2019 to the account of the Scientific Society for Metal Science at the SAS maintained at Slovenská sporiteľňa.
Account number: 0172165477/0900
BIC-SWIFT code: GIBASKBX
Variable symbol: 12015
In the message for the recipient, please state the name and surname of the participant and the name of the organization.
If you do not attend the conference, the paid conference fee will not be refunded, but all conference materials will be sent by post.
- Deadline for abstract submission October 08, 2021
- Acceptance of contributions October 15, 2021
- Payment of registration fee October 22, 2021
- All accepted abstracts will be published on-line on conference website.
- Full papers can be published in the journal Acta Matallurgica Slovaca (ISSN 1335-1532), Materials Engineering (ISSN 1335-0803), or Metallic Materials (ISSN 1338-4252 - on-line, ISSN 0023-432X - printed).
Dr. Jaroslav Jerz - IMSAS
Tel.: +421 905 746 553